Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love Her

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
-Theodore Hesburgh

I searched all over the web looking for a picture that would illustrate this beautiful truth and found it right there in my community list, on Michael and Angela's blog. Michael loves his four children, no doubt, and he loves their mother too. VERY much.

Isn't this a powerful image?

(I've heard this quote for years and never knew who said it first. Kind thanks to CaMarriage who posted this quote on Twitter. )

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

So true! Now I need to go find out who Theodore is.

Sensuous Wife said...

Good for you! Please come back and tell me when you know, Cocotte.
Love ya,

Bijoux said...

As irony would have it, he was a priest (never married) and president of Notre Dame.

I suppose Notre Dame & sports fans would have known all of this, but I don't follow either of those things; sorry for showing my ignorance!

Sensuous Wife said...

Every priest still has a mother and father. I imagine he picked up on quite a bit of the dynamics of his parent's marriage growing up.

Thanks for researching that, Cocotte.