Monday, January 28, 2008

Intentional Community, Uninhibited Joy

Before the New Year, I said,
"I realized there are so many people that love me...who I also love and I had little to no time to talk to them this year. I'm so grateful for my friends and I want to make more time for them in the new year.I am SO looking forward to widening my world a bit. Pondering how I can better stay in touch with some of these out of town friends AND adding some local FUN stuff, thank God. Cause work will eat my lunch if I let it."

This is going very well.

I bless the day my wise friend counseled me to start adding more recreation and intentional community into my life. It has been a Godsend. I don't know any other way to say it. The first month of the new year is almost over and I've been spending quite a lot of time with my friends. Deliberately setting aside time to for recreation and to listen to each other's hearts, to laugh, to dance and goof off, to skip rocks, to share our needs vulnerably and pray for each other, to watch funny old movies, to tell our poignant and funny stories and to listen to our friends poignant and funny stories.

I can't tell you what a difference this has made to the condition of my heart!
So nourishing to the soul!

And the condition of my heart has everything to do with lovemaking.
Confidently secure then wildly adventurous? Oh yeah, baby! ;)

I'm not just talking about great sex. I'm talking about a great life.

Do you know what I'm talkin' about?
I've learned another great way to improve my sex life wasn't a new position or even anything erotic per se. It was nonerotic affection and recreation and companionship with my friends and with my husband. Recreation as in re-creation that re-creates my heart and makes me a more beautiful whole person inside. Uninhited joy. That's what's I'm talkin' about.

What do I recommend?
Soak your heart in nonerotic uninhibited joy. And when it's time to be erotic, watch the sparks fly. You may giggle before you gasp. But it's all good!

No comments: