Monday, May 19, 2008

When God Closes a Door He Opens a Window

Julie Andrews as Maria Von Trapp said it best: When God closes a door, He opens a window.. Well God has closed a door on this phase of my career and I'm looking forward to seeing Him open a window. Maybe He will use you to give me a thought, an idea, a suggestion.

I've just found out that the corporate powers-that-be have decided to sell off the division I have worked so hard to build. I've more than quadrupled revenue since I took over 2 years ago. There is no role for me in this divestiture, so unless I want to spend my time rearranging chairs on a ship that's going down, it's time for me to go. I'm not being pushed out the door. I can drag out my exit if I want to. I don't want to. So I'm looking for doors and windows. And before I run out and wangle a similar job at a competitor, I want to stop, look and listen.

Is is time for a new location or is it time for a new role?

I think it's time for a new role.

I really like talkin' to all of you. And I really like all of you talkin' to me. I also really like you regulars who never post but read often. A welcoming smile to you, my returning guests in North Carolina, South Carolina and Ohio. I have no idea if it's just random or if there is one of you in each state who ran out and told all your friends. That whole idea makes me smile.

The sense of community in this blog and the act of sharing my experiences to benefit women and marriages has been really rewarding for me. I wish there was a way for me to get paid to talk about love in all its forms, sex, marriage, healing, personal growth, and receiving all the joy our five senses have to offer.

So, dear readers.
Any ideas?

Love,
SW

7 comments:

Who am I said...

Dear Sensuous Wife,

Ok, I will just ask some coaching questions to help you with your thinking. Don't feel like you have to answer if you don't want to.

The first one is clarification- by new role do you mean at that company or a new role in life?

How much does the family need the money you are earning now. Is this job or a similar paying one critical to the family finances.

If you could do anything you wanted to, and money wasn't an object, what would you do?

When you think of your options, what does each option mean to God, to others, and to you?

What have you done in the past that is in line with your passion that has worked?, that hasn't worked?

What do you want more of in life?
What do you want less of in life?

Probably enough to get you thinking or overwhelmed.

Hope this is helpful

Sensuous Wife said...

Thank you for your heartfelt and thoughtful reply, whoami. A life coach. What a good idea!

Sensuous Wife said...

and thank you also for these jump-starter idea questions
(smile)

Who am I said...

Dear Sensuos Wife,

Sorry about your job changes and disappointments, sorry it also seems to coicide with some family issues also.

I appreciate your maturity in slowing down and thinking about your options.

One suggestion- this might be a time in life to consider a life coach. A life coach helps you sort through your options and make wise choices when you are at a crossroads.

The organization that I am most familiar with is www.lifeformingcoach.org.

I am being trained as a coach by them and I know others who have been.


Life forming has a philosophy that God is the author of change, and a coach will primarily have a conversation with you to help sort out what He is doing.


There are other secular and Christian coaching organizations.

----

Sounds like you have a similar passion to my wife and I. We are already trained to teach Pairs communication skills, which we do in seminar formats and in one on one coaching formats. I would love someday to be more open to talkig about sexuality.

The getting paid part, is a slow go as far as building clientele whether for seminars or coaching.

We haven't quite figured it out yet how to help couples like we enjoy doing and make a living at it.

Hope some of this helps.

Lifelong Learner said...

SW,
I am incredibly encouraged by your blog and am praying that I will learn to love my wife so that she would be able to completely give herself to me as you have to your husband. Your husband is a blessed man.
Life Learner

Sensuous Wife said...

Oh my goodness!
Thank you, Life Learner.
With an attitude like that, you are sure to succeed.

Sensuous Wife said...

and welcome to blogdom!

I'm honored you made your first comment here. I subscribed to your blog in my reader so I'll be notified of your new posts.