Monday, May 12, 2008

Tell Them You Love Them

Tonight I sat down in my favorite easy chair while Delighted Husband played Mario Kart Wii with the kids. I wanted to just be in the same room with them, so I brought my scrapbooking supplies into the gameroom and set up shop on my lap desk. I've been thinking about one of my girlfriends since she is preparing to move farrrrr away and the chances to see her sweet face in person are going to be few and far between. But I wasn't feeling sad. I was feeling loved, and loving her. Taking stock of all the ways I have grown as a person because she loved me. So I let my heart use the language of paper and pictures and scissors and ribbon and I told her how much I love her and how rich my life is because of her.

We all have people in our life who love us.
People that we love.
Tell them.

Don't hold back those tender words, those tender touches, the squeeze of their hand while you look them in the eye, that extra pat on the back when you hug them, that meal where you go to the trouble to make something beautiful, that phone call just because.

Do it.
What are you waiting for?
An invitation?
Consider yourself invited.

Love to sweet James for saying this so well.

1 comment:

Bijoux said...

What an important message this is, SW. I have had two childhood friends give me devasting news in the past two months. I am doing my best to be the friend that you have described.