Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home again

I'm back in my house. Power was restored and the air conditioner, dehumidifier, and HEPAfilter air purifiers are all chugging away. Hopefully the stink of wet carpet, wet wood floor and wet sheet rock will eventually be removed. The smell in the attic makes me gag. I tremble inside at the thought of sorting through the keepsakes and memories and stuff that were stored in the attic.
I thought of something yesterday as I was wiping out all the eeewy muck out of the bottom of the deep freeze after I threw away three trashcans full of food. Something about letting it all go and starting fresh.

2 comments:

Who am I said...

Glad you are home safely. Sorry it is a mess. When do you expect DH home?

Sensuous Wife said...

Delighted Husband is home! So good to be sleeping with him again. I cherish every moment. He's done wonders in making our garden look normal again by cleaning out the debris. Love that man of mine! :)