Friday, August 8, 2008

Women Olympians

I am watching my favorite part of the whole Olympics...the Parade of Nations.
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.
The women.
They are so beautiful.
All so different
so differently beautiful
and all of them so beautiful I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Unplanned, these words keep leaping from my throat,
"Look at her! She's so beautiful!"
There is no formula. There is no specifications list. No engineering document dictating cheekbones must be at a particular angle or eyes must be a certain size. I look at each woman Olympic athlete and I see a woman in her glory. And she knows it. This is perhaps the the crowning moment of her life. And she is so beautiful. And she knows it. So alive. Beaming energy so vibrant it makes the stadium lights redundant. Glory.

Women are so beautiful.

2 comments:

Howard said...

It really makes you wonder how amazing the sight will be when creation finally gets to see 'THE BRIDE', adorned for her husband...humanity, clothed in the new bodies of redemptive immortality - we'll no doubt be quaking with a 'joy unspeakable, filled with ultimate significance' on that day.
'From every people and race, and tribe and nation, YOU have made them a kingdom - priests to our God, and they shall reign forever more'....

So say we all!

Kyra said...

I love watching the Olympics in part for this. We celebrate the female althete no less than the male.

Their agility, strength, speed, power, grace - altheticism. Different and yet no less, even more, beautiful than their male athlete counterparts!