Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wise words from a wise woman

My friend Vanna over at TMB had something beautiful and profound to say about women's sexuality. I'm in awe and my heart immediately gave a shout of joy as I read her words.

Vanna wrote:

Most women haven't been exposed to the idea and fact that sex was designed by God as a gift for THEM- their pleasure, their satisfaction, their release, their relaxation, their freedom... Sex is their right, not just an offering they have to make to the altar of marriage to keep a husband.


Vanna wrote:
A husband can't do it for his wife, encouragement is nice but until she has that "AHA!" paradigm shift, she'll be stuck in "He just wants me to enjoy it more so he can have it more" mode. Its still all about him until she realizes that she is actually getting in the way of her own sexuality... not just his.

She needs a total renewal of the mind, and fresh outlook.

Amen, sista! (Applause) I can hear the roar of the crowd in a stadium as women stand up and cheer for themselves and for their glory..the magnificent sexual feminine glory they've been given by God.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately I've been thinking about something that a Jewish friend told me and how it relates to sexuality.

My friend told me that there is a Jewish teaching that on judgment day, you will be required to give an accounting not only of your sins but also why you might have denied yourself pleasure in good things.

I think that we need to consider this principal when we think about sexuality. Sex can and should be pleasurable. If we are denying ourselves something that is pleasurable, we need to be accountable to ourselves (and to God) and find out why.

When otherwise healthy young couples find themselves uninterested in sex, this should set off some red flags. It needs to be addressed, and pronto.

Sensuous Wife said...

Lainie, thank you. That's so good, and so true.
Love,
SW